I was laughing out loud yesterday (because I could SO relate) from the blog Bought, Sold or Processed (https://gingerrohlfs.blogspot.com). She did a post on 10 things she must have her way, like ‘no wire hangers’ and ‘spotless glasses’. I’m going to make a similar list, but of ‘Things I Must Have My Way While Scrapbooking or In My Scraproom’.
1. I must have a cold can of Diet Coke on my desk while I scrap. Same goes for a crop. I even bring my little Igloo in case they don’t have Diet Coke there. The few times I was without a Diet Coke, I tried having a coffee but it’s just not the same.
2. I gotta’ have my tiny embellishments – brads, eyelets, etc. – sorted by color in my Craft Mates holder. As soon as I buy something, it comes out of the packaging and into the proper color bin. I love being able to find the color I need right quick.
3. For some reason, it makes me grit my teeth to see a scrapbook album lying flat. No matter how disorganized my scrap area can get, I have to stand my albums vertically. Many lean against things until I can find a spot for them on the bookshelf.
4. I’m very anal about journaling. It has to be perfect with no spelling errors, etc. If I find a mistake after the fact, I’ve been known to rip the journaling off the page and re-do it. ‘Cuz I was an English major????
5. This is the cropping set up I have to use or I can’t get anything done: self-healing mat in front of me, cup of pen and tools to my farthest right, flat pack with adhesives, etc. in upper right, Scrap Rack in front of me (if at home), then papers and photos to my left. It’s weird but if that’s out of whack, I can’t think.
6. Must have my cell phone and Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers nearby when scrapbooking.
7. If I buy something scrap-related for a specific project I’m working on (birthday book, a gift I’m making,…), I have to put all that project stuff together in one pile or holder. If I put the paper with my papers or the ribbon in my ribbon jars, I forget I have those things at project time. (This explains a lot of the piles in my scrap area, yup).
8. I scrap best late at night. Don’t know why, that’s just when I feel creative. I sit at my desk sometimes during the day and just stare into space, trying to get motivated. At crops, I end up talking and shopping all day, then when night hits – well, let’s just say I’m usually one of the last gals to leave at 3 or 4am.
9. I’m obsessive (imagine that!) about my scrapbooking magazines. I can NOT get rid of them until I’ve read the entire issue, cover to cover. Skimming the whole thing doesn’t count. This is a very annoying habit.
10. Absolutely NO food allowed in my scrap area. And I love food, so that’s saying a lot :)
What are your scrapbooking pecadillos? What kinds of things MUST you have your way? I would be interested to hear!