I found this fun survey HERE and decided to copy it.
1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Dove and Irish Spring
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No, but I wish I did. Had some at a BBQ yesterday and it was guuuud.
3. What would you change about your living room? I need new furniture in such a bad way! It’s old and faded, but at least it’s comfy.
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean!
5. What is in your fridge? Milk, coffee beans, yogurt, leftover pork carnitas and tortillas, a bag of tomatoes, and lots more.
6. White or wheat bread? 100% whole wheat
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Boxes of cereal and crackers
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? In the master bath, nothing….there are doors. In the kids’/guest bathroom, it’s plain white. We’re getting ready to re-do the theme from police/fire to maps! Something to look at while you’re “occupied,” LOL.
9. How many plants are in your home? Six, I think. That I haven’t managed to kill. Yay me!
10. Is your bed made right now? Yep, I make ‘er every day.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Soft Scrub. Works great on my Corian kitchen sink.
12. Is your closet organized? Yes, but it’s full. I need to do some purging. And let’s not talk about my guest closet. (I totally copied this answer from JEN.)
13. Can you describe your flashlight? A big, black MagLite. It’s the one cops use. Don’t mess with me…I will hurt you. Really.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Plastic, unless it’s wine.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? Two, actually ~ pomegranate and mango herb teas mixed with Lipton. Love it unsweetened with a buncha ice.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? I like to call it organized chaos. It looks messy but there’s room for my car, and we know where to find stuff.
17. Curtains or blinds? Blinds in every room. I keep meaning to get at least some fabric valances, but I’m not very motivated. Just more things to dust.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two or three.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? Yes, I have to have a night light. I skerred of the dark! I also wake up during the night to check on everyone so I need to be able to see.
20. How often do you vacuum? Once or twice a week.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard.
22. What color is your toothbrush? Pink. Very cute, dahling..
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? We did but the puppy took off with it. See, he even looks guilty.
24. What is in your oven right now? Nothing.
25. Is there anything under your bed? Winter comforters in Space Bags. On DH’s side, his shoes. On my side, that huge MagLite/weapon I was telling you about.
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Anything having to do with the hardwood floors…dust bunny retrieval, sweeping, mopping, Dust Busting of random messes.
27. What retro items are in your home? We have a cool, old metal fire engine from the 50s that DH’s dad played with when he was little.
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Yes, it’s a combo guest room/office. We call it the Air Bed Room because when the kids were little, all we had in here was an airbed for when my mom would stay with us. We now have a proper bed and some office furniture, but it will be forever called the Air Bed Room.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? Five? Three in the bathrooms, a decorative one in our room, and one by the door for those moments of “Oh crap, someone’s at the door. Do I have make=up on?!”
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? If I did, I wouldn’t tell you.
31. What color are your walls? The living room, kitchen, dining areas are all connected and painted a light golden yellow. The playroom/scrap room that is open and directly off the dining room is the same color, but a shade darker. The bedrooms and bathrooms are varying shades of green and blue. Yeah, we’re not real adventurous with paint colors….
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Oh, yeah! But they are safely stored, accessible only to the grown-ups.
33. What does your home smell like right now? Same as Jen….Glade Plug-Ins. They make it smell so nice. And DH made pancakes for the kids this morning, so it still kinda smells like that, which I hate. I’m burning a Citrus Sage candle in my office right now.
34. Favorite candle scent? Anything citrus.
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? I think a jar of dill and a jar of sweet.
36. What color is your favorite Bible? Maroon.
37. Ever been on your roof? No, never will. A guy I used to work with fell off his roof and is now paralyzed. I’m terrified of roofs. I about have a panic attack whenever DH goes up there.
38. Do you own a stereo? Yes, I have my Dad’s old stereo from when he passed but it’s not hooked up. Just sentimental. He was a HUGE music lover.
39. How many TVs do you have? Play room, living room, master. The play room one has no satellite and no channels, it’s just for kid videos and for me to watch videos when I scrap. I just watched Dead Poet’s Society for the eleventy-billionth time the other night.
40. How many house phones? Five. Kitchen, living room, office, bedroom (all cordless) and a corded phone in the garage for when the power goes out.
41. Do you have a housekeeper? I have three! Me, myself, and I.
42. What style do you decorate in? I’d call it a combo of Comfy, Simple, Durable, and I’m Broke.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Mostly solids.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yes! And lots of Defensible Space. We’re in California Fire Country.
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? My laptop, my purse, scrapbooks, photos, baby and school stuff of the kids.