LOAD213: Layout a Day Starts Today!

Even though it’s only 10pm my time on 01-31-13, on the East Coast it’s past midnight. So the official start to my month-long adventure with LOAD has begun and I got my first prompt!

{If you’re wondering what LOAD is, please READ THIS}.

I’m not really sure how to blog about LOAD. It’s a paid class and I want the creator Lain to make a living. She puts a LOT of work into this. Today for instance we received an 8-minute video with a 3-page transcript and a very thought-provoking prompt. Not to mention all the other stuff that goes into LOAD.

So I don’t want to share the specific prompt, do I? {I don’t know that I’ll be sharing my layouts online anyway so that’s not a concern}. I’ll have to see how other LOAD’ers are handling blogging about the class content.

But I will say this: The first prompt is amazing! One that really makes you think, makes you take the first step out of that box you may be in. If it keeps up like this, I can tell ya’ I’m going to LOVE me some LOAD!

PS: You can still join LOAD yourself, ya know? RIGHT HERE. At this point, you won’t even have missed anything :)

14 Comments on LOAD213: Layout a Day Starts Today!

1. Katrina F (kskreations)
    January 31, 2013 at 11:55 pm (1 year ago)

My 2cents: I sometimes do a weekly or so LOAD roundup post with several of my LOs at once. Then I do share a brief overview of the prompt with the layout. Not sure it makes much difference since I only have about 6 followers, but Lain has said before that she doesn’t mind. Dani’s Scrapper on the street videos are on her blog and almost always mention the prompt for the day. so if they were desperate enough someone could find out about all the prompts, but even so, they would be missing out on the whole experience of LOAD, ( which is the best part) unless they were signed up.

• Scrapbook Obsession
      February 3, 2013 at 12:35 am (1 year ago)

Thank you Katrina! That’s a great point about Dani’s videos (which I hadn’t seen yet when I posted this entry). I guess I wouldn’t be alone in posting or referring to the prompts, LOL!

2. Jennifer Grace
    February 1, 2013 at 5:23 am (1 year ago)

I agree with Katrina, I don’t think people sign up to a class just for the prompts, it’s the whole atmosphere. Obviously you can’t just copy them all out, but talking about how a prompt has inspired you, with a brief mention of the prompt, would be okay I think. It’s a bit of advertising for Lain too, because if I see a good prompt that has inspired someone I’m more likely to sign up to a class! x

• Scrapbook Obsession
      February 3, 2013 at 12:36 am (1 year ago)

Great point, Jennifer, about the inspiration for joining LOAD once you see the layouts it generates. I hadn’t thought of that.

3. JanetJanetK
    February 1, 2013 at 6:47 am (1 year ago)

Erika- that is a toughie. You wanna blog about your LOAD work and the LOAD experience, but don’t want to over expose the content due to it being a paid class.

But I sure will be visiting your blog and SO SO excited to do this class with you and other
    Pea friends…

First day already- and it’s a good one.
    Smiles~

• Scrapbook Obsession
      February 3, 2013 at 12:38 am (1 year ago)

Hi Janet! So happy I get to see you again lots at LOAD :) Have missed you, girl! Thanks for visiting. I don’t know how often I’ll post about LOAD … maybe a weekly round-up?

4. Alison
    February 1, 2013 at 7:10 am (1 year ago)

I know Lain has clarified in the Flickr group – but I just wanted to say for me, the big thing about LOAD is the connection with other scrappers – I did True Scrap 3 first, then joined Scrap Happy, I then did my first LOAD in 512 – and I can honestly say the Scrap Happy family is exactly that – everybody is so friendly, encouraging and supportive – and I really love hanging out there! Oh and Lain – she’s pretty awesome too!!!!

• Scrapbook Obsession
      February 3, 2013 at 12:42 am (1 year ago)

Hi Alison ~ I have a similar story. I found Lain’s podcasts, then took some TS3 classes, then the entire TS4 which led to ScrapHappy and now my first LOAD! What a great leader and amazing group of scrapbookers! You’re right, Lain did clarify in the Flickr group that it was okay to blog about LOAD prompts and layouts, so I shall do it! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

• Scrapbook Obsession
      February 3, 2013 at 12:42 am (1 year ago)

Hi Fleur – It’s already been an amazing experience and I’m only on Day 3 :) Lovin’ it!

5. Katheryn Thames
    February 1, 2013 at 2:55 pm (1 year ago)

I blogged about it today, but didn’t say what the challenge was for today.

Initially I didn’t like it at all, but now I’m thinking it’s all good. I actually smile when I see my page!

• Scrapbook Obsession
      February 3, 2013 at 12:45 am (1 year ago)

Hi Katy! That first challenge was … well … a challenge, wasn’t it? I’m so glad you ended up with a layout you love. Just think, by the end of February we’ll have 28 layouts we love :D Thank you for coming by!

6. Joy
    February 3, 2013 at 8:54 am (1 year ago)

I did share yesterday’s prompt along with my layout from the prompt on Feb 2 on my blog- http://www.studiowowjoy.com My first LOAD too!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on LOAD213: Layout a Day Starts Today!

1. [...] attending my first LOAD event in February 2013 – see my post HERE – I’m a true believer. It’s the BEST online scrapbooking event I’ve ever [...]