The room belongs to Stacey and I just love it. She uses a lot of my favorite ways to organize including …
- 12×12 Sterlite-type drawers, which I love because they hold just the right amount, are easy to access, and easy to put things away in.
- Cropper Hopper vertical 12×12 paper holders which make your paper so easy to flip through. I use them to sort by manufacturer and put everything in there – 12×12 papers, letters, stickers, die cuts, ribbon, and all other embellishments. I like to scrap using things from the same line and sometimes mixing and matching from the same manufacturer (many use the same color families over and over, which I love!). So I love having everything from, say, CRATE PAPER or FANCY PANTS, all in one place.
- Ribbon in jars … not only can you see all the varieties you have so you know where to start diggin’ (LOL), but they’re so decorative too. Which leads me to another thing I love about Stacey’s room …
- Everything is organized by color, and in ROY G BIV order no less. It makes this anal retentive girl’s heart skip a beat! Srsly. I have my cardstock, ribbons, Stickles, brads/metal embellishments, and Making Memories paints all organized by color. I’ve toyed with the idea many times of organizing all of my embellishments that way – like EVERYTHING red in one holder, etc. – but I don’t think I’d like it. I can see it works well for her, though. It’s all in the way you personally scrap.
- Memorabilia organized by family member in accordion files. I would love to do this … but she must be WAY better at paring things down than I’ll ever be because I could never squeeze each family member into just one file, LOL.
So a big shout out to Stacey! She has, over all her years or scrapbooking and changing spaces, refined the systems that work for her. She’s super organized and has created a bright, functional space to create in.
What do you love about her room? What things would work for you and what wouldn’t? Do you use any of the same organizational systems of items she does?