Scrapbook Organization: More On Ribbon Storage

If you’re participating in our SCRAP SPACE ORGANIZATION CHALLENGE (deadline is this Sunday, 1/6/08) , you’ve probably had to confront your ribbon. I found this great ARTICLE I thought I would share, posted on MADCROPPER.COM.

To give you a little tease, how do you like this ribbon storage system by CANDICE PALMER??

candice palmer ribbon basket

HAPPY 2008 TO YOU ALL!! May it be a year of blessed organization and lots of completed pages…

11 Comments on Scrapbook Organization: More On Ribbon Storage

1. Samantha
    January 1, 2008 at 7:57 pm (6 years ago)

Happy New Year!! I really need to organize my ribbon better. Thanks for the article!

2. Julie Smith
    January 1, 2008 at 9:06 pm (6 years ago)

I like the looks of the ribbon storage. I use (big surprise) the cropper hopper stuff. I’m loving my rail system by the way. Everything is within reach (which means I can put it away when I’m finished with it too). I don’t have any new photos, but I will let you know when I do. Take care, and Happy New Year!

3. Martha
    January 2, 2008 at 5:44 am (6 years ago)

Love that photo…did you really do that? It’s so beautiful, but my excuse for unorganization is that I hope to scrap and use up most of these pieces of ribbon before I’d need to organize them! {HOPE}

4. paige
    January 2, 2008 at 7:13 am (6 years ago)

I use the ribbon ring storage system and I love it. I hang the rings on a coat hook behind my scrapbook chair. I have one ring for each color. I got mine from http://www.ribbonring.com.

5. Jennifer
    January 2, 2008 at 9:39 am (6 years ago)

I don’t believe in confronting my ribbon! LOL! No…really, thanks for this neat idea. I think I am going to go with the colorful jars, though. Right now my ribbon is in a basket and it is WAY overflowing! I’m talking insane, here, folks! LOL!

6. Katey
    January 2, 2008 at 5:46 pm (6 years ago)

I am glad that I found you because i need nelp with orgazine my scrap room… but sad I cant hook up on my wall bec ause of hard wall in basmeent… thanks !!! Katey

7. Heather Prins
    January 2, 2008 at 6:55 pm (6 years ago)

cool, but what about all those smaller pieces?!

8. Liz Ness
    January 3, 2008 at 10:29 am (6 years ago)

Ooo! Great tip. Thanks for passing it along! Also, happy New Year to you and your family!

9. Sandra @ The Memory Workshop
    January 3, 2008 at 11:21 am (6 years ago)

My ribbon is jumbled up in a plastic ‘shoe box’ which works just fine :) It looks messy, but actually its very easy to see and fondle what’s in the box. (like when its in pretty jars, but more portable) Nothing is too squished, so I don’t get creases like you get when you wrap it around a card.

The key here is that I don’t often have more than a yard of any ribbon, and I don’t hoard ribbon. I buy what I need (usually comes in kits) and use what I have. There alway seems to be the same amount in the box!

10. Gloria
    July 15, 2008 at 5:08 am (6 years ago)

I like this idea as it shows you at a glance what you have. Right now I am using an idea that my sister found and that is wrapping the ribbon around the round wooden clothespins and securing them with a straint pin. They are stored in a clear plastic jar … that used to hold pretzels (from Sams) the lid has a handle on it for eay pick up.