The Slice: Will It Revolutionize Scrapbooking?

the slice

The Slice WEBSITE

Word on the street is that it will retail for about $80 (just for The Slice, “extras” are extra :). Also that it will be released late 2007/early 2008. I’m diggin this thing. Looks like it will do diecutting like my Cricut, but much easier to take to crops. And being able to utilize the computer with it, including my beloved Mac! Bring it on, baby… What are your thoughts?

Edited 8-21-07 to add:
I e-mailed from The Slice website asking for more information, and here is the response I received…
“Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning the revolutionary new handheld personal digital shape cutter, the Slice™. Pricing for the Slice™ has yet to be determined but it is the Tinnus goal to keep the cutter and accessories within the budget of the average scrapbooker. We are presently addressing the manufacturing details with the Slice™ being available for retail in the near future. Please continue to check our website http://www.tinnus.com for the product release date.

The Tinnus Team”

14 Comments on The Slice: Will It Revolutionize Scrapbooking?

1. deanna
    August 18, 2007 at 1:39 am (7 years ago)

I’ve been watching this one for quite a while now. It might have made more of an impact if it had been released back when it was first introduced. Now, there are just so many machines that do more things, cut more materials and do the larger sizes to compete with. The slice only does up to 4 inch cuts. That is pretty limiting. I guess if you only make cards and want something little, this might be a good match for you. I think I’ll keep my Pazzles :-)

2. iamderby
    August 18, 2007 at 6:50 am (7 years ago)

That looks very interesting. I like that it works with a mac. But if it only does four inch letters I dont know if I would buy it. I am asking for a cricut for christmas.

3. Rachel
    August 18, 2007 at 10:51 am (7 years ago)

Wow I didn’t know about this. Looks very interesting! I will have to keep an eye out for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am tagging you once again! he he….
    It is very similar to what we did last time, but Liz (hickschick CKMB) altered it a bit. So check out my blog for instructions! This one was a bit more difficult.

Toodles,
    Rachel

4. Sasha Farina
    August 19, 2007 at 1:33 am (7 years ago)

wow… i’m excited already! :D

5. Karen
    August 19, 2007 at 6:26 am (7 years ago)

I haven’t seen this before. I’ll be interested to hear how it goes from people who buy one early.

6. Kelly Meyer
    August 30, 2007 at 2:30 pm (7 years ago)

I have never heard of this before today. I actually did not know this web site even existed. I am so excited. I might be interested in this product. I have a cricut, an use the crap out of it for letters. I have taking it to scrap outs and lugging it around. This seems ideal for the traveling scrapbooker.

7. lauram
    November 16, 2008 at 2:32 pm (5 years ago)

Just saw this yesterday. It was AWESOME. I can’t wait to get one.

8. Melissa Chacón
    February 18, 2009 at 3:13 pm (5 years ago)

Where I can buy the slice, to fulfil my srapbooking? And all that costs?

9. Nancy Ces
    February 26, 2009 at 8:36 am (5 years ago)

Hi. Saw the Slice at ACMoore yesterday. It was $149.99. Coupon NOT allowed to be used. I’ve been reading & looking at EVERYTHING I can find since seeing it. Although small…. It IS portable!! I think I’ll get one ASAP….. Scrap ON! Craftstop

10. 'Cepta
    May 2, 2009 at 2:26 pm (5 years ago)

Hi All,

Only saw some pictures/short demos of the slice last night. Do not know who makes it, anyone help me there? Not Fiskars, or is it?
    I live in Ireland, and would LOVE to have one. The demo I viewed on internet gave price of $70.00 I think. Can anyone give me an idea of price,
    please, and thank you.
    ‘Cepta

• Kellie
      June 6, 2009 at 2:26 pm (5 years ago)

I bought one at Michaels, I paid $199.99 Canadian. I love it… Each Crad is about $57.00 each.

11. Winifred
    December 4, 2009 at 11:26 am (4 years ago)

Hi I have a question will the slice cut fabric if it is attached to heat and bond or some sort of stablizer? Thanks

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The Slice: Will It Revolutionize Scrapbooking?

1. [...] been following The Slice since way back, before they even had a distributor. Here is my POST from August 2007. And here is what it used to look [...]